Thursday, November 14, 2013

horneada, aprendida, dirigida / baking, learning, and leading

When I was a student at the University of Virginia, I co-founded a chapter of Challah for Hunger. Challah for Hunger is an organization that brings people together to bake and sell challah in an effort to raise money and awareness for social justice causes. Over our first two years, we baked over 3,500 loaves and donated over $10,000 to different charitable organizations! When I graduated, I wanted to find a way to stay connected so I reached out to them and now am a chapter advisor!

I was asked to write a piece on co-founding the chapter and transferring into an advisor role for the Schusterman Foundation's blog... here it is along with an interview piece!
Through Challah for Hunger, we get to bake a difference in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment