Tuesday, November 19, 2013

el concierto de omará / omará concert

Mati, my co-worker from Hebraica invited me to go to his band´s show this past weekend at Cangrejos Bar (crab in English). His band Omará, fuses together flamenco, salsa, merengue, a bit of jazz, and lots of Latin flavor. In true Argentine (ArgenTIME) fashion, Mati had told me the show would start around 11:30pm. I interpreted this as show up around 12:30am which we did and the show actually got started a little before 2:30am. Thankfully the bar had a beautiful patio where we could hang out before the show. 
Before the concert started, I introduced my friends to my co-workers that were there. We became a united front and were cheering "Matu" together throughout the show! I loved the music; it had everyone dancing and bopping around. They even had a flamenco dancer join them on stage for their flamenco-style songs, check it out: 

Mati is so talented! He plays the
flute and saxophone in the band.
The band was great, everyone was cheering "una mas" ("one more") when they finished up their set. I hope to see Omará in action again, they are so much fun!
Thanks for inviting me Mati!

No comments:

Post a Comment