Monday, November 4, 2013

ayuda Nira a #makeithappen / help Nira #makeithappen

Nira and I, Nira applied for the Schusterman Foundation's
#makeithappen grant
Have you heard about the Schusterman Foundation's #makeithappen campaign? Basically they are looking for new innovative ideas from Jewish people that have an idea and just need the resources to make it happen. If you are Jewish and over the age of 18 you can apply and the foundation will be giving away up to 50 micro-grants of $1000 and 5 of $5000 between October and December.


I slide I used to describe the process of the #makeithappen campaign
It really is an amazing opportunity to use your creativity and plan an amazing experience for your Jewish community. When I shared it with my supervisor at Hebraica, she asked if I would present it to the directors and help them with the language if they needed a bit of help.

I gave my first official presentation (in Spanish) to the directors of the youth activities about #makeithappen last week. I thankfully only made a few mistakes and I think they basically understood what I was trying to say. I am so happy to share with you that one of the directors has applied and is waiting to hear if Schusterman will help her #makeithappen!
 
Nira is the director of Hebraica's Mitnadev program, a volunteer program for teens 14-20 years old.  About 60 teens volunteer weekly in ongoing projects and they also take a service trip each year to rural schools in other parts of Argentina. This year, Nira wants to bring students from the rural school to Buenos Aires, reversing the trip and introducing city life, Hebraica, and more to these students.

If you like Nira's idea and want to help her out, click here to "Like" her project, share it on Facebook/Twitter, or send her a message through the website with your ideas. I'm so excited to see Nira #makeithappen for her volunteers and the students from the rural school!





1 comment:

  1. If you want to help Mitnadev make this project happen, donate here! http://igg.me/at/mitna-santa-fe one little help can change everything

    ReplyDelete