Thursday, May 8, 2014

la linda salta

This past weekend I took advantage of the long weekend (Argentina's labor day) and traveled up to the north of Argentina with my friend Allie. After an 18 hour bus ride, Allie and I arrived in Salta (red part of the map to the left). We spent the weekend seeing the incredible nature landscapes, horseback riding, wine tasting, and relaxing. We visited the famous "Cerro de los Siete Colores", Hill of Seven Colors, in Pumamarca and the Salines Grandes, salt flats in the province of Jujuy. We had to chew hojas de coca, coke leaves (legal in Argentina), so we wouldn't get sick due to the high altitude and also got to see certain animals that you can only usually find at high altitudes like llamas, alpacas, vacunas, and more. I was very excited about my llama sweater purchase and also that we got to see so many cacti. It was a much needed break from the hustle and bustle of Buenos Aires. I am so glad I get the opportunity to explore these beautiful places while living in Argentina this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment