Friday, February 28, 2014

¿qué pensaron los adolescentes sobre BBYO IC 2014? / what did the teens think about BBYO IC 2014?

I could tell from the constant smiles and laughter that my teens from Argentina had a good time at BBYO's International Convention, but I wanted you to hear it from them. THANK YOU BBYO for giving the Hebraica teens this opportunity, it made an impact on them far more than I could have hoped for:

Herni (left) with other friends at BBYO's IC 2014
Si me preguntan que es lo primero que se me viene a la cabeza con respecto a la IC 2014, serian muchas cosas juntas, como por ejemplo, la palabra unión. BBYO no es solo una organización, es una hermandad, es una familia, es un concepto y un punto de vista totalmente distinto a lo que conocía. La posibilidad de interactuar con personas de culturas distintas, con costumbres distintas, pero sin embargo con muchos intereses en común que hacen de las diferencias culturales e idiomáticas una minoría. BBYO crea un espacio de intercambio increíble que permitió que todos los delegados internacionales se lleven nuevos amigos, nuevos recuerdos y sobre todo una nueva experiencia de vida. El hecho de ver lo que la fuerza de un lazo cultural como el judaísmo puede provocar, es motivador, pero sobre todas las cosas provoca esperanza en los adolescentes que construyen el futuro. Entonces que es lo que la IC 2014 me transmitió? Me transmitió esperanza para un futuro mejor, y me dejo amigos de 20 países distintos.

Gracias Joey, gracias Kate, gracias Hebraica, y gracias BBYO

-Herni Melinsky 

If you ask me what is it first thing that comes to mind in respect to IC 2014, many things together, for example the word union. BBYO is not only an organization, it is a brotherhood, it is a family, it is a concept and point of view completely distinct from one I've ever known. The possibility to interact with people from distinct cultures, distinct traditions, but at the same time with many interests in common made our differences in cultures and language virtually unimportant. BBYO creates a space of incredible exchange that allows all of the international delegates to make new friends, new memories, and above all a new experience in life. The fact is you can see the strength that the cultural bond of Judaism can cause, it is a motivator, but above all raises hope for teens who are building the future. So what is it that IC 2014 transmitted to me? It transmitted to me the hope for a better future and left me friends from 20 distinct countries.

Thank you Joey, thank you Kate, thank you Hebraica, and thank you BBYO
-Herni Melinsky

Tami (right) with her pen pal and
now friend Bojan from Macedonia

IC es una experiencia única, en esas dos semanas te haces amigo de personas de todo el mundo, que desde un principio solo tenes algo en común, el ser judío. También haber tenido la oportunidad de conocer a Bojan, mi "hermanito" que me dieron desde hebraica para hacer un proyecto (antes de IC), fue increíble. Después de hablar con el, conocer como es el judaísmo en Macedonia, video llamadas, etc, pude pasar esas dos semanas con el en Dallas. También con los de hebraica tuvimos la posibilidad de conocer a los chicos de la región de liberty, nuestro socio región en BBYO, con quienes durante el año hicimos varias video llamadas. 

Aprendí sobre las diferentes culturas de los judíos de muchos países, costumbres e historias, diversidades del judaísmo y conocí personas increíbles que gracias a BBYO pude conocerlas. Esta experiencia me hizo crecer como persona. Ya no sólo me siento parte de la comunidad de argentina si no me siento una judía dentro de la comunidad del mundo.

-Tami Kusznir

IC is a unique experience, in those two weeks you make friends with people from all over the world that from the outset you only have one thing in common, being Jewish. Also I had the opportunity to meet by "brother/pen pal" from our project in Hebraica, Bojan, in person, and it was incredible. After speaking with him through the project before IC, learning what Judaism is like in Macedonia, video conferences, etc., I was able to spend two weeks with him in Dallas. Also with those from Hebraica we had the opportunity to get to know teens from Liberty Region, our partner region in BBYO, who we have had various video calls with throughout the past year.
I learned about the different cultures of Jews in many countries, traditions, and histories, diversities within Judaism and met incredible people thanks to BBYO. This experience made me grow as a person. I now not only feel like a part of the Jewish community in Argentina but like a Jew within our world community.
-Tami Kusznir

1 comment:

  1. I started typing a comment and I ended up writing a bible 'cause that's my style. But I just wanted to thank you and say that going with this group of teens, specially with Tami, who's always radiating happiness, (not like me that I'm a cat and therefore I can be a little unpredictable sometimes) made this experience one of a kind. And I couldn't agree more with what they both said!
    Hope you're having a great time in Israel!

    ReplyDelete