Friday, August 16, 2013

las reglas / the rules

With one week to go, I want to set eight ground rules for myself throughout the year:

1. 
Simply said.
2/3.
I am leaving the country for approximately 365 days and want to fully enjoy the experience by embodying a "why not?" mindset and saying yes to opportunities that arise.

4.
Whether working in Buenos Aires, learning tango, traveling to other parts of South America, or having friends or family visit me, I'm going to be thinking about this quote...
5.
One of my goals is to really force myself to speak Spanish. I'm a bit of perfectionist so I know I'll have trouble with this but I'm going to push myself because without making mistakes, I won't learn the language.

6. 
This will be a growing year for me. Each day, whether it is good or bad, will teach me something important. Whether it is mastering a new word in Spanish, developing a new relationship, or trying a new food, I want to make sure to celebrate both the big and little wins.
7. 
I am not the best at keeping in touch with friends and family but I'm going to make the extra effort to do so this year. At the very least my promise is if I hear from you, you'll hear back from me!
8.
Most importantly.


Have any other words of wisdom for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment