Sunday, June 29, 2014

juegos en BBYO / games in BBYO

We continue having fun programs planned by our very own BBYO Argentina members. Chloe planned our latest program, here is what she has to say about it:
This week it was my turn to plan an activity for our BBYO group so I planned around a topic I was interested in. The previous week many new teens came for the first time and I wanted to use this opportunity to create an activity for the old and new people to get to know each other better. 

Most weeks we have activities where we are debating or reflecting on different topics but my strengths aren't in creating activities that generate profound debates like my friends. Instead I wanted to use my strengths of creating interactive programming so my activity included a combination of icebreakers and games for everyone to get to know each other in a fun and active way. 

We went to a gym in Hebraica and played two games: 
The first: Everyone was paired off and standing in a circle. One person stood themselves in the middle and had to call someone to become their new partner. The catch is this person has to call the name of the current partner of the person while the partner leaves their current partner to become the person in the middle's partner. The person left alone then calls someone else's partner. 
The second: With the same partners from the first game, I handed out small cards to each team with things such as "hand to back" written on them where one person would have to put their hand on their partner's back holding the card. The teams would then flip to the next card which had two different body parts. The team that could successfully do the most gestures won. 

The activity I planned lasted about 30 minutes but in all the whole activity lasted over 50 minutes because after we finished the first two games we ended up playing other games like zipzapboing and others because everyone wanted to continue playing. I love spending time with my friends in a manner that is very active and fun. It makes me feel like a small kid for a bit and this I love! 
-Chloe Braude, 15

Thanks Chloe for planning such a fun program!

No comments:

Post a Comment