Saturday, September 21, 2013

buenos aires market: orgánico y natural

Food. Food. Food. This has been the theme of my time so far in Buenos Aires. Have you been to a parrilla (Argentinan steak/meat restaurant)? Have you tried dulce de leche (caramel)? Have you had a medialuna today (sweet delicious croissants)? What is your favorite type of empanada? etc. etc. So when I saw a friend post on Facebook about the Buenos Aires Market, I had to check it out!

Buenos Aires Market is a two-day food market that happens twice a year at Barrancas de Belgrano, a beautiful park in my neighborhood. Over 70 vendors taste-test and sell over 600 products that are all supposedly organic and/or natural. The whole healthy, organic, natural eating thing has recently become more of a trend in Buenos Aires but in general, one has to seek out places to buy these types of foods so I was very excited that it would all be in one place!

Vendors sell everything from honey to vegetables, beer to muffins, lentil burgers to basil plants, granola to cheese, quinao pasta to banana bread, and more. I only had an hour to spare and it was not nearly enough time. I wanted to stop at every stand to try all the delicious food and beverages and talk with the vendors. My favorite things I tried were the lentil burgers, a "natural" blonde beer, and fresh raspberry jam. It was a lovely hour and I can't wait for the next Buenos Aires market in six months ;)

  





No comments:

Post a Comment