Friday, March 7, 2014

el sur rojo/ דרום אדום darom adom / red south

Last year, the University of Virginia had an Israeli Shlicha, basically an Israeli young adult who travels to the states/around the world through an organized program (Jewish Agency) with a focus on Israel engagement for children/youth/college students through educational, social, cultural and advocacy initiatives. Ultimately, strengthening the bond between the children/youth/college students and Israel.
I became really close with Ayala while she was at UVa and she always raved about the Negev, Be'er Sheva, and Israel in general. When I realized I would be heading to Israel, I made sure to reach out to Ayala and she invited me to come visit her in באר שבע, Be'er Sheva. My visit happened to coincide with Israel's "red south", דרום אדום darom adom, where fields throughout the south fill with beautiful red flowers during the month of February. Ayala, her sister, and I spent a day among these beautiful flowers with a delicious picnic.  

Thank you SO much Ayala for showing me around Be'er Sheva, the Negev, Omer, and the red south! It was even more beautiful than you said!
Beautiful Be'er Sheva sunsets

No comments:

Post a Comment